Monday, November 12, 2012

Xi'an

I realized that I forgot to recap Xi'an! We took the shaking death train (Z trains are no good for sleeping in, for what it is worth) to Xi'an on Saturday night an arrived in the morning. We arranged with our cab driver to come back and get us after he dropped us at the hotel so we could go see the terra cotta soldiers. The facility was beautiful and enormous and well worth being a UNESCO World Heritage site. The soldiers are reall amazing in person. I will post more pictures from my actual camera of them when I return home.

Then we had a really awesome lunch at a small place our driver know that made us a huge plate of chicken and veggies and home made bread and a huge plate of dumplings that were very tasty. We came back to town, took a nap and then went to the Muslim Quarter to have street food for dinner. I tried lots of things, but my favorites were 5 quail eggs fried up on a stick and the glutinous rice pop thing with bean paste and crashed nuts. It was warm and super tasty! We saw the drum tower an the bell tower and walked around for quite some time as the street vendor market stretched for like 15 blocks in every direction. These markets are really crazy. They are so incredibly big, an you really have no idea until you get into them how huge they can be. After that, we headed back to the hotel to get to bed early as we ja to leave at 7 am for our flight back to Shanghai. It was a really cool town and I would recommend it and would go back again!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment