Thursday, October 11, 2012

In lieu of something interesting from today

Here's some pictures from yesterday! We went to the summit of Mauna Kea, elevation: 13,796 feet. I got dark vision around the outside at some point and got weak enough to grab for help (almost passed out)(it's really thin air up there), but it was super cool anyway. Also, if you ever do this, take them seriously when they say it is freezing (literally) at the top. By the end, i was wearing full long underwear, fleece lined sweatshirt, regular shirt, courteroy pants, a full face ski-warmer thing, a hat, and had a down comforter on me and I was still cold. It was much colder than Antarctica up there. I'm not kidding.

Here's some pics:

Chris and then me, with Keck I and II behind us:



Keck II up close



Some of the other telescopes up there:

No comments:

Post a Comment