Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bryce Canyon By Night

I couldn't resist the urge to sneak over from my room at Bryce Canyon Lodge to the Sunset View which was a short walk, even though I had to get up early the next morning. I was not originally planning on doing this, but there were a lot of stars out so I thought I might have a shot at some astrophotography even though it had been cloudy earlier. As you can see, there are some clouds visible in this 10 minute exposure. I was surprised that there was so much light in the sky that I was able to expose the hoodoos of the canyon decently. I was also surprised by the light polution is pretty obvious in this picture. There are a couple communities nearby, evidently adding a bit of extra light to the sky. It was super chilly, but the results are surprisingly satisfying to me.

Bryce Canyon By Night
(Click the photo to embiggen)
- Posted by Noelle for Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment