Sunday, February 20, 2011

As it turns out in fact, no.

Yeah, it's raining in Buenos Aires, so apparently, all flights have been canceled. The domestic airport appears to be totally flooded and not accepting flights at all. So, at this point, LAN has booked us into a hotel with a plane full of new friends, agreed to feed us 3 squares, and will call us this afternoon with details about what our fate will be. ALL flights out of the country go through ONE airport in Argentina, which is kind of dumb, in situations like this, if you ask me.

On the one hand, it's really awesome of LAN to put us up and feed us for a weather-related delay - no American airline would do that anymore - and on the other hand, this sucks. I will wait for the person from LAN to call us back before I call the Santiago hotel and let them know that we will not be arriving today.

Here's hoping that we can get there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment